Scandinavian Outdoor Award
Jury Sitzung im 'Nenzinger Himmel'
Ich hatte ein traumhaftes Wochenende im Nenzinger Himmel in Österreich. Es war mir eine Ehre mit den erfahrensten und umsichtigsten Gear Freaks und Equipment Nerds die ich bisher getroffen habe, über die Outdoor Ausrüstung der kommenden Saison zu diskutieren. Danke, für dieses wunderbare Abenteuer!
- Frank WackerEquipment Editor for The Outdoor, the leading german hiking- and backpacking publication.Favorite outdoor activities? Multli-day trips with tent (backpacking) during all for seasons, day-hikes on and off trail through out the gear – and all the time testing gear while being out. What’s your main contribution of being in the Jury do you think? I have more than 25 years of experience in testing and comparing outdoor gear, within in industry I am known to be one of the best testers worldwide – and although I am gear freak I understand the needs of “normal” hikers and backpackers.
- Gijs LoningIndependent gear reviewer/vlogger/blogger | www.outdoorguru.comFavorite Outdoor Activities? Camping, Mountainbiking, Making campfires, being outdoors, watching stars, cooking on campfires What’s your main contribution of being in the Jury do you think? I am an 100% independent outdoor gear and bike journalist/reviewer/blogger and next to outdoorguru.com Youtube is my main channel. I look at products from a consumer’s point of view without forgetting that the gear needs to be produced for a certain price. I always take sustainability into my judgment. And sustainable can mean longevity instead of a total environmental friendly production. When I say I am independent I mean 100% INDEPENDENT. I am not payed for what I do and I don't have affiliate deals. I don't have advertisements on my website and I don't sell anything.
- Joel SvedlundProject manager – Sustainability | Peak Region AB / Peak InnovationFavorite outdoor activities Snowkiting, skitouring, kitesurfing, kayaking, mountainbiking, hiking, nature ice skating… but also enjoying stillness, great views and gourmet outdoor meals! What’s your main contribution of being in the Jury do you think? Knowledge of sustainability, innovation and product development with specifics on materials, production methods etc.
- Piotr DrożdżEditor-in-chief | Góry MagazineFavorite outdoor activities? Climbing, hiking, skitouring, outdoor photography and slackline. What’s your main contribution of being in the Jury do you think? Experience as jury member, dynamic character 😉 and – last but not least – my camera which can capture all our adventures and discussions in the beautiful Nenzinger Heaven.
- Bjarke RosenbeckFounder and editor | GrejGuide.dk / theOutdoorBeat.comFavorite outdoor activities? Hiking, microadventures, MTB and trail running. What’s your main contribution of being in the Jury do you think? Having tested gear and written outdoor gear reviews since 2008, I have tried both great and not so great gear. I have a great affinity towards products, that match outdoorsy persons real needs.
- Jana ErbPhotographer | KontraPixelFavorite outdoor activities Hiking, climbing, backpacking, horseback riding, canyoning and trail biking. What’s your main contribution of being in the Jury do you think? As an Outdoor and Adventure Photographer I spend a lot of time Outdoors with a lot of heavy equipment to carry under all possible conditions. Good Equipment makes my life so much easier and my backpack so much lighter! Also I have been working at ‚Globetrotter‘ in Munich for 6 years, selling Backpacks, Sleepingbags, Shoes and Equipment for Kids. I have had a fair chance to see how the products changed and developed over time, and what the potential buyer wants and needs. I know what the key features of the equipment are, how a backpack carrying system works and the difference between a hiking and an alpine boot. Plus I love talking gear, developing new ideas and making Outdoor gear a little more suitable for women adventurers.